Friday, December 21, 2007

less than 48 hours and counting

So we're leaving in less than 48 hours and I've already had one major meltdown- the one with the ugly cry...it came after learning the water is off- not just often but quite often at most establishments in Ethiopia and it's too late to reserve a room at a fancy American hotel like the Hilton, oh and the internet rarely works and one more thing yahoo mail doesn't work most of the time!?!?!? I said some choice words and tried to get into my mantra- "pack your patience Angela, pack your patience". My sobbing cry did help me a bit but it just helped in my resolve to remind myself I can do anything- yes ANYTHING for 7 days. So we're going to ask my Mom to help us post to our blog- we probably won't be able to respond to your emails- but send us lots of good mojo, prayers, do dances- whatever it is you do to stir up the spirits and Lords of all that is good and right in the world to lend us a hand. So take care and we'll be in touch. When you hear "Do they know it's Christmas time at all?" Think of us!?!? We'll let you know!
much love to all-
Angela, Scott and Ella Fei- waiting on the boy wonder Jackson Parrish Bedhasa!

1 comment:

Jae said...

I've always loved "Do They Know it's Christmas Time." (I'm a child of the 80s after all.) I get that painful choking sensation in my throat when they sing "Well tonight thank God it's THEM instead of YOU!" I have to fight back tears. Don't know if I'll win that fight anymore!

I know that song will never be the same for you after this journey. We'll be praying! You're right, Angela - you can do ANYTHING for 7 days. And it will all be SO WORTH IT!
Love ya!
j